These were easily the most perfectly shaped cupcakes I've ever made!
I can't seem to locate the post where I got the cupcake recipe from, but here it is anyway
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
apprx. 1/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1. beat butter until fluffy
2. add sugar and beat until combined
3. combine dry ingredients and milk/vanilla in separate bowls
4. beginning with the dry ingredients, alternately add dry/wet ingredients until combined. finish with the dry.
5. toss the chocolate chips in little of the flour/cocoa powder mixture. once coated, add to the batter and mix well with a wooden spoon.
bake at 350º for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. yields 12 cupcakes.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
2 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
approx. 2 cups confectioners sugar
approx. 3/4 c. cocoa powder
2-4 tbsp milk
1. cream butter until smooth; add vanilla
2. slow add dry ingredients. beat thoroughly until combined
3. add milk, 1 tbsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached
**note: this leaves you lots of leftover frosting. to use it all, you'll want to double the cupcake recipe**
edited because i realized i forgot the cocoa powder in the frosting recipe